Head of Production
About the role
This is ‘the’ opportunity for someone who wants to manage an exciting and sizeable distributed digital production team. We are looking for someone who couples strong Drupal experience with the management skills required to lead our London-based and near-shore production group.
You will be taking the initiative for delivering the high-quality products we create for a range of clients, including Royal Colleges (RCPCH and RCOG) through to enterprise clients, such as EDF and Centrica. Responsibility covers the entire sales, production and life cycle: from scoping, pitching, architecting and building, to final delivery of compelling and innovative Drupal-based platforms and web services and their continuous evolution after launch.
You will be working alongside the management team and our Digital Strategists, leading all project work and our production team members and working in collaboration with our Product Owners and Project Managers.
● Ownership, leadership and management of the businesses production team, process and delivery cycle.
● Work alongside Business Development Managers/Digital Strategists over solutions, approach, scope and time estimates for proposals and also to assist winning new contracts in client pitches
● Produce specifications and ensure that production is well-planned, achievable within budget and delivered to a high-quality
● Act as final approval for decisions about how products will be engineered and delivered
● Decide, prepare and/or review plans - prototypes, UX design, build, theme, development, plus integrations and migrations
● Take on actual - sometimes the most challenging - pieces of work as and when you deem it appropriate
● Assist the production team with troubleshooting and resolving issues in a timely and efficient way
● Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Owners and Quality Assurance to ensure delivery is to the required scope, plan and required standards
● Oversee recruitment, onboarding, training and skills development for the production team
Skills & Knowledge
● Experience in running and managing an agencies end to end digital production
● Experience of architecting overall systems, guided by prototypes and proof of concepts
● Good understanding of UX design process
● Well versed and proven in scoping and pricing client work for end to end digital product deliveries
● See the whole picture. End to end production planning and delivery. Able to identify issues before they are issues and simplify solutions before they become over complex
● Extensive experience to a high level with Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 site builds, theming and module configuration
● Extensive understanding of Drupal's architecture, APIs and custom module development protocols
● Understanding of theming, from scratch or based on frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation
● Experience of delivering and overseeing integrations with 3rd party systems
● Well informed of industry trends and best development practices to improve our product offering (including Drupal)
● 5 years Experience of managing and leading a production team
● Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
● Strong spoken and written English
● A passion to learn and advance yourself and the skills of the team
● Experience of managing project documentation, specifications, including identifying change requests to align project fees with scope, schedule, plan and timeline
● Experience of leading planning sessions, sprints, stand-ups and code reviews
● Experience in a variety of production methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile and hybrid approaches
● Strong-decision making skills, on both UX and technical aspects of the projects
● Team-oriented soft skills and interpersonal skills
● Ability to evaluate individual performance of production team members
What’s in it for you
● The opportunity to lead and grow a premier digital production team based in the heart of London, and supported by a network of highly skilled developers in Europe.
● Salary is competitive, based on experience, and comes with a performance-linked bonus and business share options (after an initial period of time).
● Perks include top-quality equipment and office environment, regular company socials and gym membership.